1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble installing X2 lite plus on 1.0 xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kb49, Nov 3, 2004.

1. kb49

kb49 Guest

i am completely new to the xbox modding universe so i would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some information on how to install this little sucker. ive looked everywhere online and cant find anything helpful. here is my problem: i have the very first xbox that was released version 1.0. i bought a mod chip for it. the Xecuter 2.0 lite plus which is completely solderless. i cant figure out how to install this little thing. maybe i am missing parts...it came with a little screw and washer and thats it. i opened my xbox and located the area that i think im supposed to put those little gold pins in but on my version xbox the holes are already filled. theyre filled with some silver material. i read that i dont have to clear the soldered holes just to set the pins on the silver material, is this correct? sorry if i sound stupid but i am ignorant to the modding world...please help.

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

v1.0's had the holes filled in with solder. Try screwing the chip on; if it doesn't work, get it soldered in.

3. kb49

kb49 Guest

so basically i just lay the pins on top of the solder?

4. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

5. kb49

kb49 Guest

i dont understand this bullshit...this x2 lite plus chip is suppose to be compatible with v1.0 xbox. but not, the damn holes are filled with solder so i screw the damn thing on anyway and burn the evolutionx iso onto a dvd+r and pop it in my supposedly modded xbox and the dvd cant be read. trying to get into the modding world is starting to be a pain in my ass. is there anyone out there that feels my pain or my be able to alleviate it. sorry but i remember reading that this x2 lite plus pos was compatible with v1.0 xbox. i am very close to just throwing this thing in the garbage. if you even think you can help me please give me some info im up for one more try.

6. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

There can be a few reasons why the DVD wasn't read.

- The chip was in fact booting.. but 1.0's had crappy Thomson's which will give a dirty disc to almost anything and everything.
    - The ISO was burnt wrongly, which burning program/method did u use?
    - The chip didn't boot, most likely because the d0 pin (the rightmost one over the TINY VIA's) wasn't aligned (I know it's a pain in the ass to get that done).

I would recommend getting the same chip soldered in by a pro because even if you do get it booting, solderless mods generally fall out of alignment over a while and cause more headaches.

7. kb49

kb49 Guest

ok i know it has nothing to do with the thompson drive because i gutted that shit out of my xbox and installed a samsung sd-616. out of all the things you mentioned i would say that my problem would most likely be that pin you mentioned that is a bitch to align...you know the one on the end. mostly because i didnt even notice it and did not try to align it with anything. well how do i know what to align it with?

8. abc32453

abc32453 Member

Try burning the disc onto a DVD-R. DVD+R is the only media that my xbox doesn't read and it has the Samsung drive.

9. peachman

peachman Member

If you decide to throw it in the trash, PM me I'll give you $20 for it. Only kidding. Your best bet is to get someone to solder it in for you.