1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble joining .avi files with VirtualDubMod

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by yayagal250, Apr 18, 2010.

1. yayagal250

yayagal250 Member

I've been trying to join some .avi files using the guide published here at AfterDawn, but am having trouble. I hope someone can help me out.

I've gotten up to the point of appending the second .avi file, but I keep getting an error message that says "Cannot append segment: The audio streams have different data formats." This despite the fact that I converted both the .avi files with the same program (AutoGK), using the exact same settings. In fact, I did them one right after the other within only a few minutes. Nothing was changed at all between the two.

Anyone know why I would get a message like that, and what I can do about it? The guide does not mention this problem. (I've had this error pop up before, always with files that were encoded exactly the same way with the same program.)

Very grateful for any help!

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member