1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble moding my v1.6 green halo xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by brandonb, Sep 23, 2004.

1. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

i've looked at all kinds of forums and websites to figure how to mod my xbox v1.6 green halo xbox and can't seem to figure it out. no site has any information on the special edition xbox. i was wondering if i couldn't mod it due to the fact that it is a special edition? if so what should i get, i've never moded anything and don't know how to get started

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

first of all its not a v1.6. i have a green halo special edition xbox. ive modded it with a xecuter2.3 b lite +, but you can forget about that chip because they dont make them anymore. if you never have modded nothing before, i suggest you go with a solderless chip. xecuter 2.6 b lite is solderless so is the x.b.i.t. and many more. but answering your question, this green halo special edition can be hacked with any solderless chip

3. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

What tools would i need to mod my xbox with a solderless chip

4. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

What version is my halo xbox if its not a 1.6

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Your is an 1.5 i believe, you need to get a opening tool (dunno which one offically) look on Google for guides.

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

people have told me that its either a v1.4 or a v1.5 it has the focus encoder, so its definetly something around there. you will need a torx 10 and a torx 20 screwdriver to open it. than after that, just look at the many many guides that will teach you how to take the hard drive apart, and the dvd drive apart. once you are in the mainboard, you may, or may not need to scrape the d0 with a razor blade, or xacto knive, whatever works best for you. i didnt need to do this to my xbox, since the x2.3blite+ lit up the green light once i hit the d0 after that it was easy, just put everything back together, and it was time to flash the chip

7. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

is there a cip that comes pre flashed? i'm not exactly sure what flashed means anyway, i just know you gotta flash your bios or something like that. where is a detailed guide? all i can find are vauge ones.

8. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

actualy, since xecuter 3 is coming out, should i just wait for it to come out? it does come with the solderless adapter right? can it play more games than the xecuter 2.6 lite or is it advanced in other areas like running computer programs or whatever else it does besides playing my backup games?

9. scottas

scottas Guest

As of right now the X3 isn't solderless. Number of games etc. isn't a chip function. The 2.6 has a solderless option and is a gret chip.