1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble using Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by picman47, Mar 17, 2005.

1. picman47

picman47 Member

Hello all,
    I am trying to shrink down the movie "taxi' for my daughter. I had no trouble ripping it from the org dvd. But when I try to shrink the movie from my hardrive it goes to about 7% through and i get this error "bad vobu reference address" I no longer have the dvd, but i still have it on my hardrive. How can i get this movie shrunk down to burn to dvd? I am using winxp DVD decrypter,and the free shrink. I have Nero 6.6 any suggestions?

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Are you shrinking the entire dvd or just the movie? Sometimes menus and extras can be tough

3. picman47

picman47 Member

I am shrinking just the main movie, power.The method I am using has succesfully copied several moviews so far.But for some reason, it will not work on this particular movie

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What method are you using to open the movie up in Shrink? Open Files/Open disc Image ??

5. picman47

picman47 Member

I am using "open files" mayo
    sny advice would be appreciated

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try to use Re-autor..

1. Open Shrink
    2. Click on Re-author
    3. Browse to where the movie is in the right window
    4. Drag the main movie from right window to the left window
    5. Then use the compression tab to remove all the unwanted junk. I recommend you just keep Audio 5.1CH.
    6. Click Backup!!

You won't get any of the extra stuff this way but at least you will have the movie.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh if that way doesn't work then you probably have a bad rip of your files to the HD..

Could also be that you might not have enough room on your HD??

8. picman47

picman47 Member

I tried that mayo, but still no avail. So I guess I just have a bad movie on my hardrive. I have deleted and copied this movie from the disk three times now. Something must be wrong with it I suppose. I do believe that I have enough space on hdd. In fact I have loaded at least another movie to my hardrive and copied it since I have left this movie on the hdd. But hey I check out your web page,and it looks very helpful in the future. Added it to my fav!

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You could try to download the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for this movie and see if that works? That is how I did that movie and it worked fine. Just worth trying another method if you can't get one to work.