1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Trouble WIith AV-DV

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Scoobing, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Scoobing

Scoobing Member

Hi there I have a DAC-100 model and connected it to my tv and laptop. I have made sure all the pins are set to the right settings on the back as on its website. I have tried uisng ULead VideoStudio 7 and Windows Media Encoder 9 to capture from my VHS. Still no luck. It wont give me a preview of the tape that is running and wont encode anything.

Is there a guide that might tell me what i am doing wrong or is something standing out immediately that am I am doing wrong.

Please help,

Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Need a Capture Program that is Meant to Capture DV AVI files from DV Camcorders or Analogue/Digital Converters, Something like "WinDV" or "Scenalizer Live"....
    You also have to make sure that any Tapes you are Trying to Capture are Not store Bought Retail Tapes because They are Macrovision Copy protected and Most Devices will Not Capture them or if they do Capture them the Image is Dark and Distorted...

For Captureing Store Bought Retail VHS tapes you would need a Video Stabilizer to remove the Macrovision copy protection before you would be able to capture them....
    Have you tried to capture without your TV Hooked up to the DAC-100??

Well Good Luck