1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble with a game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rfjr23, Oct 12, 2004.

1. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

I am trying to install one of my games to the HD and having trouble.......I currently have the xbit chip and the evolution X v+3921....the game I am trying to install is "Leisure Suit Larry"

When I install and try to play it gives me the message to insert original game to play..... I already am playing the game from my original so i really dont want to start the game over and redo evrything i have already done....

This is the first time I have run into this issue and currently have 50 games on HD. Are there other games that have issues like this....How do you figure out what to do since pc cant read the disk correctly..Do i need to update evolution x or what and if i do will i have to reinstall everything?

Thanks for the Help I have posted this on another site and yet to get an answer....so any help will be greatfully appreciated

rfjr23

2. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

first,u dont install a game on the hdd,u save it!secondits impossible what youre saying.third,the pc cant read xbox games cuz theyre made of some files that will play only on the xbox and the disc is finalised of course.okay,now try to rip the game with boxplorer or xbox file manager and i suggest u get the slayers autoinstaller 2.6 and u will install the latest programs and backgrounds and emulators.

3. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

first,u dont install a game on the hdd,u save it!secondits impossible what youre saying.third,the pc cant read xbox games cuz theyre made of some files that will play only on the xbox and the disc is finalised of course.okay,now try to rip the game with boxplorer or xbox file manager and i suggest u get the slayers autoinstaller 2.6 and u will install the latest programs and backgrounds and emulators.

4. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

5. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

ok i have now updated from slayers 2.5 to slayers 2.6 and that did not work does anyone have anymore ideas

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I had the same issue with LSL as well, fixed it by replacing the default.xbe file. You can get the fixed xbe file following the link below. You need to have FTP access between your PC and XBOX though.

http://download.xboxhackz.net/patches/lsl8hdfix/

7. therapy

therapy Member

well done achilles3, its nice to see people are around helping others with a perfectly sraight forward question.
    first you do install load or save to hdd, all the same

second its not impossible to have 50 games on your hdd
    i have 60 on mine.

and why get slayers auto installer when jfjr23 already has evox INSTALLED, when all you need is a fix for the game to run off the hdd as achilles3 pointed out.

people come to this forum for help not to have abuse thrown at them with multiple pointless posts containing inacurate information (mentioning no names),if you dont have anything consructive to say,dont say at all :)

by the way you also need a cross over cable and and a program called flash fxp to ftp to your xbox, i also have a nice easy to follow guide to do this if you want it.

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I try to be as straightfoward as I can and not confuse people more.

BTW, how big is your HDD? I have a 250GB and have about 90+ full games stored on it (no DVD-rips), and also some emulators+roms.

9. therapy

therapy Member

i only have a 120 gig in mine but most of my games average around 2.5 gig, i also have emus with around 2000 roms

10. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

When i istalled my hard drive the first time I did use slayers2.5 and it came up with evolution X v+3921 and i have been using it flawlessly untill running into LSL since then I upgrade to the slayers 2.6 and it comes across Slayers Evo-x V2.6 so i am guessing it slayers and evox are the same thing right.

Thanks for the link Achilles3 that took care of it and therapy you want a cookie or something for having so many games....im not trying to make enemy's here but thats not that special....seeing how I have the same thing just about plus im getting ready to install a second hard drive(200gb) to go along my 160gb.....thats not even close to special compared to some of the stuff i have read and seen on this site

thanks again Achilles3 and no offense therapy

11. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No problem man, glad I could help you out.

12. therapy

therapy Member

no offence taken m8, but where did i say i had anything special, i know what i got is pretty basic stuff, achilles3 asked what i had in my xbox and i replied, i was just tryin to help you out with a question, but like u say there are some crazy mod heads out there, and they will most likely have some gear that will shame the pair of us. also you may already have this but there is another installer that has multiple dashboards on it, holding down different buttons on controller while xbox boots determines witch dashboard it loads, it called unleashx and it has evox, avalaunch, and mxm on it. i had the same prob as u with lsl and conflict vietnam but when i tried them out with this unleashx witch is installed on my standard hd they worked fine without any hd fix

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  13. petypablo

petypablo Member

Hey can you help me?
    I have a xbit V1.5 and I cant back up my xbox games to my hard drive. The farest I can go is getting a connection from my xbit to my computer (Using my flash software)do you know how to back up xbox games to my hard drive w/ the xbit. If you could please direct me on how to.
    Thanks...

14. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Get slayers Autoinbstaller 2.6 and if u want to i can give it to ya.After u get it install apps and xbmc and evox and then u will have a couple of softwares.The one u need is boXplorer(xbox file manager).with it u will be able to burn games in your xbox.

15. petypablo

petypablo Member

"install apps and xbmc and evox and then u will have a couple of softwares.The one u need is boXplorer(xbox file manager)." what are apps and xbmc and evox and boxplorer?

Thanks...

16. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  17. sjweemie

sjweemie Member

hi , im new to this they`v just modded my xbox i have the evox program installd, and i want to put a game or some skins and stuff like that onto my hard disk how do i do that, i dont have a cross over cable but a HUB does this also work bye

18. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

well,first evox isnt A PROGRAM,it´s A DASHBOARD.second go at http://allxboxskins.com and extzract em to a folder and ftp it to C:\skins and to learn how to ftp with a hub look at the tut from http://evilzmods.com .And to back up a game just use boxplorer or xbox file manager and copy everything from D:\ to F:\games or E:\games it depends on the evox.ini.mine wass set to add only games from E:\games but i9 had em in F:\ whatever.with the retail hdd u will only be able to burn 1-2 games so go get a new hdd

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  19. sjweemie

sjweemie Member

i`ve downloaded a game that is for the game cube, and i want to play the game on my Xbox how do i do that, do i need an emulator for it .

20. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You're better off checking out the gamecube section cuz there are no gamecube emulator for XBOX.