1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble with xbox reading my Evox boto disc.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hiredgoon, Mar 13, 2004.

1. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

Hey i have the same problem. I have a mod chip installed and i flashied my bios with xecuter 2, on boot up it says xecuter 2 under the xbox logo where it used to say microsoft.

I can't seem to be able to load evox no matter what i do. I have burned cd-rw's dvd+r dvd+rw which my xbox has been able to read in the past but not now. I have burned the evox from an xiso using Nero and have tried like 1000 different ways of burning it but to no luck. Is it just the media i use ? memorex cd's/dvd's ?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

possibly could be the media. try a different brand. some xbox drives are known to be very picky about what they read. have you tred to use the slayers auto installer also?

3. NapalmStr

NapalmStr Member

if it is indeed a media problem, what version xbox do you have?. me, v1.0-thompson dvd rom, which is known to be the most finicky. after trying memorex cdr, fuji crd, and imation cdr...i got it to work on a maxcell cdrw. if you can't get this media, try burning the cdr at the slowest speed.

i hope this helps

4. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

ya, i have the thompson v1.0 Its really has not given me any problmes untill now, but i do know the problems exist.

What does burning at a slower speed do ? I will give it a try.

Yes i have the slayer auto install, you just burn that iso to disk right about 200 mb in size?

5. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

ok i got slayer workinng , burned it to a dvd-r and at a slow speed. thanks for the help.

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah if you can get slayers to load, you can load evox from it