1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hay guys...need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Locdawg, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Locdawg

Locdawg Guest

hay i just bought DVD X Copy 3 days ago..still learning how to use it...can i get somebody to help me use it..im a lil n00bish for this stuff....yall can hit me up on aim : Locdawgm11

its doing some funny thing when i use it
    hope somebody can help me
    thx

2. Locdawg

Locdawg Guest

by tha way i have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

3. dipstick

dipstick Member

What is DVDxCopy doing? I have XCOPY but I do not use it that much. If it is working properly it should go as follows.(First)Insert the DVD that you want to copy into your burner. Windows will want to run the DVD with one of your programs. Hit cancel.(Second) Open up xcopy. You should get a disclaimer that opens up. Hit agree. On the left side there should be a Tutorial button at the top. This will stay open and you can follow the tutorial. Or all you have to do is; Look in the Available column and it will show you the titles. The largest one is the movie. Left click on the largest file, it should highlight in blue. Then hit the single arrow. If you hit the double arrow it will put everything from the Available column into the Selected column. We just want the movie. Once the movie is in the Selected colum it will tell you how many disc you need for the movie. If the movie is under 4.36G you will need just one disk. All you have to do then is left click on Copy now. It will write a image file and let you know when to put in the Blank media. Then insert your Blank Media in the burner and wait for about ten seconds and hit burn! You will then have a copy of the DVD. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

4. Locdawg

Locdawg Guest

yea i tried that...i put in DVD+RW in my DVD Burner (plus i have a DVD Rom and DVD burner)but when i try to record it goes to 66% then spits tha disc out....iono if its Nero or something (and it was LOTR extended Ver what i tried to burn)hmm hope this info can be useful to my n00bish self
    thx

5. dipstick

dipstick Member

How big is the movie that you are trying to copy? Why would Nero do anything, DVDXcopy has it's own burning capabilities. Are you using both drives to create a disk? Try using just your burner.I just remembered that my friend had the same problem, he bought xcopy and he had to download an updated patch. He had to download it twice before it would work. He then had to call the tech support, yelled at them since he paid like sixty buck for it and it did not work. This could be the problem. I would also look at the other forums in the newbie section. There is another way that is allot better on copying DVD's. It is free. You just need to download free software. The strand is titled DVD X Copy. You will find a copy of a guide in that stand that was posted. Good Luck.

6. Locdawg

Locdawg Guest

REASON I SAID NERO IS CUZ IT CAN USE THA SAME ENGINE AS DxC (bURNING WISE) but yea..maybe i should just use tha burner then tha dvd drive
    and lord of tha rings is 4 dics (2 is tha movie)
    so i have to make 4 disc for tha movie..maybe i cant record that 1 movie..ill try another movie and see if it will work..anyways i updated tha patch to 1.3.. so i guess thats good right???
    well thx for your help hope i can get this buring..i would hate to lose $100 on something tha wont work..thx again