1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HC and vista lookin blockey

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by tebugg, Jul 22, 2007.

1. tebugg

tebugg Member

hello to all on afterdawn. i would olike to give my thanks to everyone that posts here. alot of your answers have helped me out alot.

recently i have been encoding my movies with newest dvd rebuilder pro and newest HC Enc. the last 3 movies i did all the came out with blocks in the movie. u know those lil squares that r in the lighting and darknes of the movie. i have been encoding them on my vista ultimate 64bit. settings r highest encode quality in HC with bias of 23 and 2 pass encoding. my question is, is this a known compatibility issue with HC and vista?

2. tebugg

tebugg Member

also wanted to note, dvd rebuilder works with CCE SP2 version 1.00.00.18. earlier version of cce sp2 kept sayin the .ecl files were invalid, but this newest version works with them nicely.

3. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

No it's most likely HC Enc because it's not really the best encoder out there. I used HC a few times before i had CCE SP, and i wasn't happy with the results. Now that i have CCE SP, everything is very clear and there isn't any pixelation, even on very long movies.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

tebugg

Have you been successfully encoding with HC in Vista 64 bit? I beta tested Vista 64 and remember having some issues that weren't apparent using Vista 32 Bit. It could be the operating system that is the issue. Try another encoder such as CCE or Procoder and then check the results.

5. tebugg

tebugg Member

yea, it was vista ultimate x64 that i was using. i have vista ultimate 32bit now and it seems to be workin alot better. i encoded 1 movie with HC and it came out alot better. but i have just been sticking with CCE SP2 v1.00.00.18 since its workin fine with dvd rebuilder pro now.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

tebugg

I think that it will be a while before 64 bit operating systems are fully supported. As much as I would love to move into 64 bit operations it will only happen when software developers grow to support it.

enjoy!