1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HC encoder matrix

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Morgtom, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Morgtom

Morgtom Guest

Ok, im a bit confused about all these matrices. Are they for converting DVD to xvid?

I want to convert avi to dvd, which would be the right matrices to use?

I normally have avi files between 700-1400 Mb, and i prefer a smooth picture, rather than sharp and jerky.

Any help with picking good matrics?
    I understand that people perfer different ones, but im compeltly confused where to start or if i even need them considering i will be encoder a 700-1400Mb avi to a 4.5Gb DVD.

THanks for you help!

Tom

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

The default MPEG matrix is fine. Your downloaded Xvids have already been compromised, fancy matrixes aren't needed. You could up DC precision to 10, but it's no big deal. HCenc produces wonderfull results, I've never seen any sharp and jerky results. You might want to use DGPulldown (if you are NTSC) to get to your desired framerate (most downloads are 25fps, NTSC wants 29.97). HCenc's pulldown only kicks if the fps= 23.97.