1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Channels

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by koke08, Jul 26, 2007.

1. koke08

koke08 Member

I've done some research but still am a little confused regarding receiving HD channels. All i have is the cable running directly into my LCD. A few days ago i ranned into some channels i never knew i had i.e. espn hd, espn news, tnt, music channels and Starz Black, then i sometimes get to see some premium channels such as HBO and some (which i believe are ppv) movies and adult channels, but these channels tend to be 'off' after whatever programming it is showing. And then there are some channels with audio but no video. All of these channels that I'm receiving range from 100 to 132.20. I did some research and believe i am receiving these channels due to the QAM tuner that is integrated in my LCD. I guess my question is, is there a way to get the channels that im only receiving audio to be viewable?

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Yeah, get an HD box.

3. koke08

koke08 Member

would that be calling the cable company to get the HD box and upgrading from the basic package?

4. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member