1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD-DVD and Blue Ray with standars TV.

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by voyager, May 27, 2006.

1. voyager

voyager Member

Did anybody know if those players will work with a standard tv?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

They do. They also play DVDs. Simply connect with the composite of S-Video connctions. But what is the point of buying a $500 or $1,000 player if you don't have an awsome TV?

Ced

3. voyager

voyager Member

Shure.I'll wait for the coming years to get a HDTV or probably buy a cheaper LCD tv.
    but is a notable diference running a Blue ray or HD-DVD with a standard tv? everybody talk about 1800i resolution etc....

4. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Watching a blu-ray/hddvd movie on a standart television will yield the same video quality as a regular DVD. (to my knowledge)

if you do decide to go for the "cheaper lcd", do note that those cheap LCD's aren't that good for gaming, or anything that is running at over 30fps.

if money is that big of an issue (like it is for me), than I would give things another couple of years for things to settle ( universal HighDefinition standard, Hd-DVD/Blu-ray) as well as for decent TV's to drop in price.

5. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

buy a new tv with 1000 americans not a bluray player wait and then buy 1

6. Dfeyeant1

Dfeyeant1 Member

I'd go with a $2000 720p projector before some cheesy, angle limited lcd. Don't watch movies on an LCD.