1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVD and BLURAY force you to violate there "RULES"

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by tucker001, Jul 5, 2006.

1. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

I was in Circuit City the other day in the movie section and read the back of an hddvd and a blueray disc and of course they they say the disc is for "private use". But since HDDVD and BLURAY DISC players have to be plugged up to the internet so that your movies can been verified its not "private use"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The MPAA Terminator

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What facts are you basing this on? What is you source? Niether HD-DVD or Blu-ray players require an internet connection for anything, the Samsung player doesn't support internet connectivity at all. The ethernet ports simply make it easier to get the latest firmware updates and extra content from directors and producers.

Blu-ray:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

HD-DVD:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD-DVD

Please do good research and talk to professionals before passing judgment and posting mis-information,
    Ced

3. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

Seriously these "rules" have been discredited for over a year.

4. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

they are connected to the internet in a way so that they can verify if you have a legitimate disc

sorry if i was unclear

5. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

You can play BluRay and HD-DVD without ever connecting to the internet.

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Which is my point.

There was an interview where some of the abilities of the new copy protection schemes and the new players where being looked at. One guy states how if/when piracy becomes a problem that they could update the decryptiion keys via the internet an stop the onld keys from craking the new movies. People took that statment an missconscruded it to mean that Sony and Toshiba where trying to control your everymove and scan your players everytime you put a movie in. All of it is untrue. The keys will be up-dated in the same fashion as the OS (via firmware). You could either use the internet of get a free copy via CD/DVD from Toshiba or Sony in the mail. I don't even think updating the keys would be protical and hasn't been talked about in a long time.

Ced