1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVD EVO FILES CONVERSION???????

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by 1ickepick, Aug 13, 2007.

1. 1ickepick

1ickepick Member

hi i been looking around here, some reading been to my help, but im still alittle lost right now,
    Just built an HTPC with amd 2.6ghz dual core, 4gb memory, 2 seagate 500gb hd sata, nvidia geforce7900GTX HDPC videocard,liton dvdrw sata,
    xbox360 toshiba hd dvd, windows MCE, slysoft anyhd dvd, cyberlink power dvd 7.2.
    i have 3 hd dvd movies that i ripped king kong, shooter and the hitcher, they all gives me the files evos, ive tried watching them with my cyberlink but it doesnt work, then i read about the hd demoux to convert the evos files, but that doesnt work either,
    i have downloaded at least 5 hd dvd movies from torrent, and they all are different files like hd ts, and they work great in the cyberlink player.
    how can i convert my evos to ts files or what ever im suppose to convert over to????
    i read that some people are playing the evos files?? with what???
    is there another converter than hd demoux??
    the fabhd something wouldnt pick up any of the evos files or read from my hd dvd???
    any help and suggestion would be appreciated

2. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

So you want to play them directly from your PC I take it?

When I have issues like this (I have yet to backup HD-DVD)I put all the files in the same structure that they are on the DVD and then make them into an ISO then mount the ISO, and the software should play them, if not then I'm not the man to ask as of yet.

Just thought Id put in my thoughts sorry if its no good to you.

3. 1ickepick

1ickepick Member

Yes i wanna save them on my harddisk, so i easy can play them when i want, i tried evo demux, hd dvd demux, dvdfab hd decrypter, nothing seems to convert them over to hd ts files thats in the hd movies i downloaded, the backup hd software i dont even get to work, so far the evo demux is the closest the work, the outcome from an movie gives me 4 mpeg4 files, but they wont play :-(
    But thanks for your input :)
    Must say the hd dvd quality is amazing, i even downloaded 3 bluray movies that i play with cyberlink and they arent as good quality as hd dvd, so its gonna be intresting to see who wins the war, its like in the old times beta versus vhs.........

4. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

HD-DVD wont play in Mpeg4 it runs with VC-1 codec if that helps at all.
    Yea I have both and I prefer HD-DVD, I think the winners will be decided once they get affordable writers out there, I would love a HD-DVDRW in my pc.

5. philly37

philly37 Regular member

So far i found this

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=129001

In the end the guy said he used tmpeg express 4.0. So after using evodemux i had a video and an audio file. I loaded the video file in express 4.0 and it didnt respond. The second time i loaded it it worked :) Just the video. I converted a small sample of my King Kong (3 minute clip) and exported it to hd video setting and it looks great. No sound but looks good. It looks lik it would take about 6 hours to encode it. On page one of that link i dont understand how to use the ffmpeg for the audio. If anyone understands it i would love the help. So basically so far i can redo the video part of my hd-dvds just not the audio