1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVD JERKY JUMPY PLAYBACK, ADVICE NEEDED.

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by rogue20, Sep 27, 2008.

1. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Hi, i've got my xbox360 hd player hooked up to my pc and use powerdvd 7.3 ultra to play my hd dvd's, using the on board ati HD3200 graphics, which are meant to play hd and blue-ray video smoothly.

It can play the bbc's galapogos hd dvd flawlessly but when i try to play harry potter and the order of the phoenix the play back is jerky or jumpy and some times it gets stuck in a kind of video loopback, but the sound continues as normal.

Transformers use to play ok but it to has started to play jerky or jumpy video, i've read that some sound drivers conflict with powerdvd and can cause this effect.

Do you think that a good graphics card will solve this problem, i was looking at the ati's HD3650 but i think there may be a fault with my corsair 2GB ram modules and need to find out if this is what's causing these problems before i buy a graphics card, any ideas or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. lju

lju Member

I had a similar problem with an ATI2400HD Card. Turned out to be the ATI Catalyst driver. I rolled it back to version 8.4 and its been fine ever since.