1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVD-R --- Coasters now?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by hluhluwe, Jul 27, 2008.

1. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Hey Goodswipe,

I will begin making an animation and I want to offer it on HD DVD (not exclusively of course). The problem comes with replication. There is a minimum number that you can press, and I doubt I can even find a facility that offers HD DVD. Also, I have no idea as to the release date of the animation, so I cannot say what will be available in the future.

If there are 250,000 people with HD DVD players out there, I do not think they should be forced to buy a different format if they want to watch something on HD. Maybe the studios are heartless, but I am not. Making a profit is not my chief concern, actually, I would rather not make a profit and create quality animation than make a profit by making utter crap.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Very interesting reading. Strange to see some lesser known titles from sony region locked while larger titles are region free..

Hmmm.. Now I'm interested.. I may follow that further.. Thanks for the links.