1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVR recording to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jjvl1217, Dec 14, 2008.

1. jjvl1217

jjvl1217 Member

Hi, new to this site, hoping someone can help me.I have some games and concerts on a Time Warner Cable HD DVR and want to dub them to my Emerson DVD recorder, model# EWR10D4. It records in standard definition just fine, but HD content gets squished top to bottom and there are black bars about 1" thick on both top and bottom. All cords are connected fine, what can I do? Thanks!

2. bigbill10

bigbill10 Member

Hi. I have the same problem recording off my Tivo type dvr. If i record in standard definiton the picture is awful.but the is full screen. Has anybody enlightened you as what to do. If so would you please share the info.Thanks BILL

3. jjvl1217

jjvl1217 Member

No, haven't heard a thing yet, asked a few other people, but no luck yet. I tried a certain type of cord, a R/G/B connection one but that didn't do it either. Maybe I'll just dub what I have anyway even if it is scrunched and record from now on in low def.

4. bigbill10

bigbill10 Member

I tried burning from the fire wire on the dvr to the camera port, no out put.
    What I did do is with the "widescreen" picture copied them on the dvd standalone burner and am playing them on my up convert dvd player. Not perfect but looks pretty good.Loose a little if i zoom the picture.I only have a 37 inch screen. Hopefully FIOS will up grade their dvr with a larger hard drive.