1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD WMV files

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by bling20, Dec 24, 2007.

1. bling20

bling20 Member

How can i get WMV files to a DVD DL without converting it and loosing any quality or sound?

2. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

well u can burn them as data disc on DL's and play them on a xbox360 ps3 or pc.

3. bling20

bling20 Member

yeah thats what i was looking for. Do they lose any qaulity?

4. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

they wont lose quality if u burn thm as data disc onto DL. I've done it to a few and watched them on my 360 and external hard drive i've played them to.

5. temper

temper Member

I tried burning as a data disk with Nero and wont play on my 360 hd drive..is there any trick or special settings to achieve a good burn for the 360 hd drive?

6. bling20

bling20 Member

you have to play it in the media sextion of the 360. go to media click video, change storage device then click current disc and it will be in 720

7. smash22

smash22 Regular member

i tried to burn mine with ashampoo but it said the file was too large. What should i do?

8. bling20

bling20 Member

how big did it say the file was? nero and burn to a data disc it will tell you how much room you have left and everything. i have some WMV files to that is about 10gb still so i dont know how to compress it i just put the 8 gb on DL.

9. atomicxl

atomicxl Guest

If you don't mind the files sitting on your hard drive, you could always stream it using your 360 and WMP11

10. bling20

bling20 Member

yeah i have been wondering how to stream it straight from the PC to the 360, but you know it would also be nice to get alot of them off my hard drive and put them to disc. So what all do you do to go about streaming them?

11. bling20

bling20 Member

yeah i have been wondering how to stream it straight from the PC to the 360, but you know it would also be nice to get alot of them off my hard drive and put them to disc. So what all do you do to go about streaming them?

12. atomicxl

atomicxl Guest

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/pc.htm

You'll be upset though. I've converted ALOT of DVDs to MP4 format. About a year and a half ago I thought it'd be smart to encode them with 5.1 audio in anticipation of me eventually getting a 5.1 system. I have alot of anime and I love commentary tracks, so most of my stuff had more than one audio track. Bad news: files with 5.1 audio in MP4 (but its ok for WMV) will not even load up. Files with multiple audio tracks in MP4 (never tried or read about it for WMV) will not load up. Like 90% of my content won't play because of these two things. The 360 is like the perfect car... but its missing a steering wheel so its useless. However, you're pissed because its soooooooo close to being perfect.

It also won't read subtitles from MP4 files. MP4 support is bogus, legally they shouldn't be able to say they support it since they don't support any of the basic features that were the whole point of creating the format.

13. smash22

smash22 Regular member

i tried buring the same wmv file using nero 7 ultimate and enabled overburing but it still says not enough space on the verbatim dvd+r dl?? Don't really know what to do?

never mind guys i decided to stream directly using WMP 11 and i have got to say its great!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  14. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

if the file is to big for the disc then theres now way...thats why i use my external drive to play the ones that are to big..

15. smash22

smash22 Regular member

sO im going to have to pick up a new external drive

16. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

try to split the file into 4.3 gb increments so you can burn them on to single layer dvd's and save a few dollars. The bad part is that they will be in parts so you will have to switch discs half way thru the movie.