1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD Nightmare

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Franklim, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Franklim

Franklim Member

I have recently played Fable (great game) but the B*****d thing crashed my Xbox leaving it with a code 13 / 16 error. I tried to fix it with no bail. i tried the new Xenium Ice (solderless) now all it does is Boot three times and frag orange and red(if i unplug the video cable is frags orange and green).
    i have now choice but to sell it but i was wondering if i could still get the game save so that i can use it on another xbox.
    all i want is to unlock it so that i can take teh game save from my PC.
    i have tried the swap trick with no bail, is there any method or company that can unlock my HDD so that i can use it on my PC.

2. hcrip

hcrip Member

If you want to use your HD on your pc now, you will have to find someone with a modded box and have 'em boot up their box with your HD in it. After it boots up, load config magic and unlock the HD. After that, you're good to go for PC use.

3. Franklim

Franklim Member

thanks mate, but i have tried that and it's didn't work because as i found out the hard drive is locked to my motherboard.
    at the moment i found out a method to unlock a drive but i haven't put it to practice.
    the method goes if you get and exact duplicate drive and replace the chip on the bottom of the Locked drive with the chip of the unlocked drive. the unlock chip will then use the disks inside the drive as if they were it's own.
    if any body tries this before my new update please let my know how it went.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  4. hcrip

hcrip Member

I'm referring to a box that has a modchip in it. Just relock the hard drive to the modded box then unlock it. Sounds weird relocking, but it'll work.

matt

5. Franklim

Franklim Member

so wot you saing is if i but my Hard drive on my mate's modded xbox and lock it. i can then unlock it with the same modded Xbox using config magic.
    thank again for the help

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

For the record,I had a hard drive fail and I got a error 13...unable to load dash. I couldn't get it to do anything,it turned out to be a dead drive. You might not be able to get your data off the drive,but you should be able to replace your hard drive for another. If your machine is modded and it boots the bios intro (the 'X' and flubber) then you could just buy another hard drive and install the info with an autoloader like slayers or firefuckers. It would take you all of 5 minutes to get that beast running again. For future notes,I would recomend using the gamesave manager to save backups of your gamesaves onto your pc.