1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD question fr xbox drives

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mav777777, Feb 16, 2007.

1. mav777777

mav777777 Member

i actually have two things i am looking in to i was wondering first off if it is possible to replace and xbox dvd drive with another hard drive so the xboxhas two hdds and

2nd

i have two west digi hard drive harvested from two dead xboxs and i went away and my dad through out the xboxs but i still have the hdds i was wondering if its possible to unlock the two hard drives with out the eeprom codes cause i dont have them and then use them in a computer and how would i go about doing that

2. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Ok for your first question, I doubt youd be able to have two hard drives because the motherboard passes specific information through the IDE ports conected to the device in order for the device to work in the way its intended to.
    Second Question, No you need an eeprom file to unlock and lock the hard drive code. No eeprom, no unlock. Because the eeprom contains the " key " to unlock the drive so, No u cant unlock it without the eeprom. But its worth a try, u never know, luck sometimes happens. lol.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007