1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD question please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by douthard, Oct 21, 2004.

1. douthard

douthard Member

ive installed a new hard drive which is 120GB, and ive locked it with configmagic, i have dvd2xbox saved on my xbox too. for some reason i cant save any programs or games on the F drive. i can save to the e drive with dvd2xbox, but i cant save anything in the f drive. ive edited my evox.ini and put "Yes" for usefdrive?, ive tried to reformat f drive and it still doesnt work. ive tried to save games with the drive locked and unlocked. i even tried to ftp files to the f drive through fxp and it doesnt work either. when i go to system utils in the dashboard, under the free space in F:\ it says 0. please help!!!

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

in your dvd2xbox settings you have to enable your 'f' drive as well.

3. douthard

douthard Member

i have enabled the f drive with dvd2xbox but still doesnt work

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

your guess is as good as mine.

5. Cerious

Cerious Member

douthard, here is the thing. If you xbox is chipped it doesnt make a difference if it is locked or unlocked. What you need to do is see if it say anything when you boot up evox. It should show you the free space on your F: drive. If it is 0, try reformating again. When it formats you should have F drive on there. Get flashfxp or a ftp and ftp into the f folder. I think there is a game folder in there. Go under that then upload.