1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd wont boot

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by albino92, Jun 13, 2012.

1. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Not sure if this is the proper place to post.
    I was making a hackintosh on a separate hdd on a hp dv5-1235dx laptop. I was successful with this, however my old windows hdd now has issues booting up. I get an error saying "operating system not found". After running the hdd test it always gets stuck at 2%. This leads to me believe that the hdd is corrupt, which may have been a result of me stupidly moving it around while powered on. However, I am able to get into the windows partition by using a separate bootloader, iboot. The latter is usually used as a bootloader to get into OSX for hackintoshes. Also, while in windows everything runs perfectly fine as if nothing is really wrong with the hdd. So, is the hdd really corrupt and is there a way to get around this without always having to use a separate bootlader?

2. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Got it fixed by using a recovery disk and running startup repair! Just curious as to if the actual hdd is corrupt because the hdd full test still freezes at the same spot? Should I expect this to occur again?

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Potentially. What 'test' are you running anyway? chkdsk? It doesn't sound like your HDD is in particularly good health.