1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi cable question?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by daman9, Apr 30, 2007.

1. daman9

daman9 Member

Currently have a Sharp Aquos LC-26D40U hdtv manual says its 1366x768x3 dots

Just got Veriozen fios (cheap package) and an xbox360... already bought the hd component cable for the 360 and have that hooked to the tv

the set top box is a motorola HD QIP6200-2
    The verizon guy set it up using 3 component cable set... This cable is not hd is it?

Should I try to get a hdmi cable for the set-top-box to the tv?

My belief from reading for 1 hour plus is that the set top box is downconverting it and the tv is converting it back? not positive though

Also is their a way to really test and see the best picture possible? like a way to have it scroll through different settings and see which I like best?

2. daman9

daman9 Member

Also is there a decent way to hook my laptop up to this tv?

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Actualy Component Video is the de facto standard HDTV connection. All HD equipment can handle Component Video over coax or a digital connection.

Yes.

I don't know about the Fios service but from what I have read they are about being state of the art in any incarnation. I would think the there system is up to or above par in every way. Meaning the component video signal is HD. Now your TV set does have to adjust the signal to its native resolution. But it would have to do that with any source material it receives.

Ced

4. HDTV4all

HDTV4all Member

Diabolos is absolutely right. Just be sure to check with Fios Service that their component video signal is indeed HD.
    hdtv4all

5. wickedzx5

wickedzx5 Member

also, DO NOT over pay for your HDMI cable. places like circuit city and best buy have absolutely rediculous mark ups on crap like that! there are THREE FOOT!!!! HDMI cables at best buy for nearly $100!!! thats outrageous. check out www.monoprice.com for some great prices on pretty much any kinda of audio video cable you could ever need ;)

Last edited: May 12, 2007