1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI Cable

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by tru003, Dec 7, 2009.

1. tru003

tru003 Regular member

Hello,
    I understand that there are not any significant difference in hdmi cables. My question is will the type of hdmi cable effect the Hz of the tv? I have a tv that is a 600Hz and it seems like I'm only getting 60Hz.

Thanks

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I know it's a plasma (600 Hz subfields) but what TV is it?

Your not going to notice much difference between a $40 HDMI cable to a $150 HDMI cable, you might though with lower quality ones $15 and under.

Even most of the expensive HDMI cables only offer up to 480Hz or 240Hz refresh rate. Your HDMI cable probably only goes up to 60Hz.

Just get a cheap 120Hz HDMI cable. I'd be pretty hard-pressed if most people can tell the difference between 120Hz, 240Hz, and even 480Hz. Keep in mind though that Refresh rate and Subfield drives are too different things. I wouldn't worry about it with a Plasma. Most Plasma don't have an issue with motion blur. It's only with LCD's where you would want a higher Refresh Rate.

So there really is no benefit in buying an $200 480Hz HDMI cable, as supposed to just getting a much cheaper good 120Hz HDMI cable.