1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI Matrix Switch with AV receiver

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by dharmin_9, May 31, 2012.

1. dharmin_9

dharmin_9 Member

I have following set up:

Sony Blue ray player, Dish Network receiver, Western digital media player, Apple TV are directly connected to my Pioneer AV receiver via 4 HDMI IN and output to SOny 3d TV in my family room and I have 5.1 speaker system setup in my family living room. I am controlling with my logitech 890 remote and working fine.

Now I have 110 inch home theater projector setup in my basement and I'd like to connect all my device to second display too without upsetting current set up. so I purchased ViewHD 4x2 matrix switch to get duel display.

My question is how do I set up my Matrix switch with all devices so I can watch everything in my both display and I can control with Logitch 890 remote? Any help.

2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Cant's help you with your model. I do have a Monoprice HDX-420X 4x2 Matrix switcher. It has 2 channels hence the x2. The trick is setting up the inputs and outputs correctly.

Check your manual for the correct configuration. If you no longer have the manual try to download one from the manufacturer. Same with the Logitech

Maybe somebody else will chime in.

Bump

Jeff

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  3. dharmin_9

dharmin_9 Member

Thanks Jeff:I have checked the manual of ViewHD Matrix switch but is doesn't show any connection configuration with/using AV receiver. It does show directly connect all device to matrix switch and output to two display. In my case, I want to add Pioneer AV receiver for audio and I can use Pioneer for switching audio to Zone1 and Zone2.

I hope someone out there who can help me to configure.

Thanks

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Quick check shows me I connected output A to the TV input, B to my PC monitor. Inputs are Blu-Ray player, PC vid card and DTV Satellite tuner. You should be able to switch indiependantly or same output from that point.

Edit:
    I use TOSLINK (Optical) and RG-59 coax for audio to my Denon AVR-3805 because it does not support HDMI. I use it for audio not video...

Jeff

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  5. dharmin_9

dharmin_9 Member

Thanks. I changed my setup as above and now I can get audio and video on both display.

Do you know anything about controlling all this with Logitech 890 remote? I use my Logitech 890 RF remote control to control my system. I programmed my logitech but still giving me some hiccups. It is not switching HDMI1 or HDMI2 etc.. If you know then pl share with me.

Thank You!

6. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

You're welcome...

Sorry no. I was thinking about purchasing one. For me it would be overkill. I really only need two remotes for most functions. The DTV remote for all the AV stuff, the second for the Matrix 4x2. I can't find the correct code for the thing. Besides I'm out of input options on the DTV remote.

Jeff

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. ouwant1

ouwant1 Newbie

I came across your discussion and I am trying to do the exact setup with my pioneer receiver. Can you show me how you setup the matrix and still be able to use the receiver to still control everything. My zone 1 is set up in the living room. My zone 2 will be in the basement. Obviously this would be much simpler if the Pioneer unit I have comes with 2 or 3 HDMI OUT built in. :)

Thanks,
    Tim