1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI playback on TV

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Daddy5, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Daddy5

Daddy5 Member

I know how to connect my HD DV HDMI digital camcorder to my HDTV via cable in order to play video on the TV that was recorded with the camcorder. However, is it possible to upload other types of videos from my Windows PC to the camcorder to then be viewed on the HDTV? I loaded an MP4 file onto the camcorder, but was unable to play it on the TV. Can I convert MP4 or similar files to a format that can be loaded onto my camcorder and viewed on the TV? Many thanks.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I think you need to preserve the .m2ts format most HDV camcorders tend to use, but the ability to export from PC to HDV camcorder depends greatly on model and software you use. The commercial video editing tools like Premiere should allow directly to export the edited video back to the HDV camcorder, but if you want to put something like .mp4 to it, you might need to convert the video into something your camcorder recognizes (again, model dependent, pretty much) before you transfer it back. Some camcorders also require that you switch them to import mode, with HD flag on, until they allow importing.