1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI problem , Help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by waly700, May 28, 2009.

1. waly700

waly700 Member

Hello,

1st i think that a HDMI make a sound suround in 4 way speakers not like mp3 in 2 way only, that's Right?

if i have a HDTV, Xbox360(HDMI Device) & Philps Home theater HTS3366(with 5.1 channel,Aux Video Components, NO HDMI IN)

if i want to connect the xbox with HDMI to my HDTV to get best video , how can i connect the xbox to home theather in same time to make a 4 surround speaker?

i read before in forums they say i must use Video Components & connect the 3 wires to HDTV and 3 to home theater , but i think that it will make low quality in video and sound that because Video Components is analog and the signal can lose in cable.

thank you

2. rclapp

rclapp Member

Not sure if this will help, but I have a similar situation. I Have HDTV, Playstation 3 and a 6.1 Surround receiver with no HDMI. I have the Playstation to the TV via HDMI and a single Optical cable from the PS3 to the receiver. On my PS3 I have the option of using HDMI video output with Optical out put. So far this is the best possible sound I have been able to get without HDMI receiver.

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't.