1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI Slow...please Help

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by JoeyStrai, Jan 29, 2011.

1. JoeyStrai

JoeyStrai Member

System information

* Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465
    * Processor: AMD Phenom X6 1055T
    * Memory: 4.00 Gigs
    * Monitor: ASUS MT276 27" HD 1080p

Hey everyone, I hope that's enough information on my computer that would be needed solve my problem that I have been having.

First off, I am new the Forums, so thank you all for any upcoming welcomes. I have heard great things about this site. =)

The problem that have been facing has to do with my HDMI input. Whats going on is that every time I load up a game, it will take somewhere between 3-5 seconds for the HTMI to be recognized on my computer monitor. Now the computer monitor and everything else I have is only 1 week old, and drivers are all up to date. The problem that I am having becomes completely annoying whenever I need to alt-tab to my desktop within mid game. I know it has nothing to do with the computer monitor itself, because I tried VGA and it worked with no problem.

Please be easy with me, I am very illiterate when it comes to computer components that deal with problems that I have been having.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

When you get the game started it plays fine?

What is the start and switch out behaviour like for the VGA? It seems typical for a short blank screen before a game starts and a game typically goes funny when you switch mid game back to the desktop.