1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI socket broken on plasma tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by decster32, Jun 10, 2008.

1. decster32

decster32 Member

Hello to anybody reading this, heres my problem.
    i have a pioneer plasma t.v with one hdmi socket.
    the other day when i was moving the t.v i unfortunatly yanked the hdmi cable out of the socket by mistake and as a result broke the pins on the cable and the socket, can anyone tell me is there a way to display hdmi through s.video component and if not can i order another hdmi socket and fix it myself.
    Sorry for the long rant and thankyou for any help.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

you can't get HDMI quality through s -video, sorry, not even 480p!

you can try realigning the pins with delicate pressure and a small headed screw driver.....otherwise yank that bad boy out! you'll probably (most defiantly) have to solder the new HDMI port on...they cost like like 4-5$ bucks each.....

specific pioneer model please!

best of luck!
    -tripplite

3. decster32

decster32 Member

thankyou for your reply tripplite..
    unfortunately i'l have to get a new socket as the pins have broken off the hdmi socket completly.

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

no problem...one thing to use on a tv screen is a port extender, their cheap (3-8$ at radio shack) and if they break then it isn't your actual port that is broken.... but rather a little adapter you can easily replace :D

5. decster32

decster32 Member

will look into that m8 and once again thanks for your help it was much appreciated. take care.

6. tripplite

tripplite Guest

lol no problem man:)

7. sloth92

sloth92 Member

Just to add to tripps comment I have a sima hdmi switcher, this a little more expensive butit works with hdmi giving it 3 switches it comes with a remote and its powered, but they run around 150-200 depending on where you buy them, and then you will need one more hdmi cable too. ut it saves you a lot of trouble and wear and tear on the plugs and cables I of course have 3 on my tv but I also have a xbox 360, dvd, hd dvd, and a computer on it and occasionally I will hook my laptop to it cause it has a bluray player on it. Any way I would just solder in new and go from there.