1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI to Component Question(s)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by jerred121, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerred121

jerred121 Regular member

I have an older plasma HDTV that has component but not HDMI. I have a Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/) that only has HDMI and RCA (video only). Initially I thought that a HDMI to Component converter box (Link) was my only option, until I saw some HDMI to Component cables - video only with 3 connectors (Link) and similar cables but pressumably with audio as well (Link)

Obviously, the cables sound too good to be true, plus the whole digital to analog things makes these much cheaper cables unlikely to work, but with the price difference, I figured it was worth a quick question. i've also read on some forums of people actually using these, but you know how that goes. So does anyone know if the cable is even worth a shot? Or of a better/cheaper solution than the $40 converter?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this wasn't the appropriate forum for this question.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.