1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV Antenna Question

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by grimpuffa, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

garmmon, and that antenna will pickup the HD signal if you have an HD set.

funny story:

I don't have cable TV and the cable company called me telling me i should have it as a backup. I just laughed and said i use a rooftop antenna which is a better backup than cable by far then explained to him that the HD signal was clearer/better than the cable HD signal (no compression) he had no clue lol

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Zoso

Yeah the old VHF-UHF combo works in my attic. Gets good picture. I imagine the one I want to make would do better but what I got now is fine for cable outages. As for Cox cable after you sign up for HD signals and two HD DVR receivers and basic digital cable and the internet connection it's near $130 monthly with TT&L(no premium sh*t). Hell there is very little in HD selection on Cox now. The networks broadcast an HD signal but the programming remains standard Broadcast. 20/20 last night was in SB. The nightly national news has only NBC broadcasting in HD-where are ABC and CBS-not that I care-poor Katie.) The technology is way ahead of the networks much like color was to B&W or as they say now greyscale!LOL. I remember gathering around friends TV with them and watching Bonanza when it came out in color.

3. snapp

snapp Member

hi there,hope someone can help. i have a roof antenna which i connected the coaxial antenna input to my misubshi 65 in tv. Im in michigan and i only get 2 locals at 480i. misubshi sez my tv does not have digtal tuner but its upgradeable through the rgb inputs to get 1080i. so my question is how do i get 1080i or 720p to my tv from over the air signal? pc tuner was my first choice, but i wonder is there any recievers that has in\out antenna input? i have 1 rgb input on tv

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

If I were you I would get a digital converter box. I saw one on craigslist in my area for $75. It's a set-top box that will offer your rgb (componant) connection. You might also want to think about getting either a bigger antenna or making sure it is aimed properly if it is a yaggi. www.antennaweb.com or www.tvfool.com offers easy to navigate tools that will tell you exactly what channels to expect to recieve with exactly what kind of antenna.

5. snapp

snapp Member

will i still get anlog 1080i?

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

RGB and Component inputs are not the same.

7. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I have seen some that do have rgb and componant, they were not pc tuner cards either. I wrote that in a misleading way. My mistake.

8. snapp

snapp Member

i have rgbhv which i can use both ways. but will i get 720p/1080i anlog?