1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV Plasma vs. LCD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roberta55, Jan 9, 2008.

1. roberta55

roberta55 Member

I have owned a plasma TV for 5 years. When we first brought it home, my husband accidently put his finger marks on the screen and it has been there since. Cannot get the fingerprints off the screen. Be careful about this. Secondly, I have been researching LCD's and this is what is coming in now. Plasmas are going out the door or going to become obsolete with this hi tech stuff moving so fast. Hope this helps.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

No it don't help. Plasma is a mature technology that has proved to be very reliable, more so (sometimes much more so) than the 'hi tech stuff' you mention.

I'm about to buy another Panasonic plasma (my 3rd) as I for one, love the superior picture they provide.

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

I'm thinking about going to a plasma tv. I've heard things like them lasting 4 years and also having the "burn in effect". Is this true to some degree? I haven't quite done any research yet, just wondering if I could get a quick question answered.

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

If considering a plasma make sure it's a Panasonic. Also note in the above link that Consumer Reports found Panasonic plasma's to be the most reliable TV made. I also like the line:
    This is not an isolated comment.

Here's a Panasonic FAQ.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-...etails-FAQs+for+Plasma+TVs-UCM_PRD_CNT_001993

6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Thanks!