1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV recording onto laptop

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by sefto, Aug 23, 2007.

1. sefto

sefto Member

hi all, all new to this stuff but what i would like to find out is, i have just bought an asus pro31p laptop with a tv 880 tuner card & a geforce 7300 graphics card which i can plug into my lcd tv and watch high def movies from the hard drive at 1080p quality. the tv also receives in hd. but what i cant do is record in high def. would it be possible to record tv in high def on the laptop tuner then cable it to the tv?

2. albino92

albino92 Regular member

yeah if your tv card supports hd and if you tune into an hd signal it'll all work i've senn it before in an atricle.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have a tv tuner card in one of my laptops as well.The problem with the tv tuner cards is the input/outputs so far from what I have been reading.I think some cards just don't have the hardware to output 1080i or a reasonable quality.Hey sefto check out the Blackmagic intensity capture card bro,because it explains it in better detail.They are expensive to get also,but would be well worth it since the card I mentioned does capture in high def.I plan on getting one later on,because they are expensive for one thing and another reason I'm gonna wait is because they might drop in price also.There are other ways to capture in high def,but the cheapest method I could find is the blackmagic intensity card.It has two HDMI inputs on the card,so you can hook an HDMI cable from your high def reciever to the card and transfer the signal that way.

4. sefto

sefto Member

hi all, thanks for the reply's. turns out i can receive hi def on my card. i just re tuned but to digital this time and it found the hi def stations. tried recording and works perfect. recorded die hard (hi def broadcast) the other night and it used 13 gb! anyway, my graphics card has a dvi out so i asume what i see on the tv is 1080p. the only problem is i played the movie with media centre and the colour is a bit funny on the tv but the laptop colour is perfect.