1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV video RGB Question

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by drako17, Sep 2, 2008.

1. drako17

drako17 Regular member

I have a computer connected with my 52 inch widescreen rca projection tv. i have connected the RGB wires and i cant play any game with the resolution at a 780i cuz the refresh rate dont change to 60. it can only used at 30. yet im able to put it at 1080i. would i have to download a driver for the specific tv? i have a nvidia 8800gt video card. when i connected the dvi wire. i can resize the screen but about 2 inches of the right side gets cut off. theres on way to move the screen. is this a tv issue or does it have to do with the video card itself?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. drako17

drako17 Regular member

oh one other thing i forgot to mention. at 1280x720 when it full screens a game. the screen splits into 3. well it does it on any resolution that uses 780i. someone plz help i cant play crysis full screen. when the driver on the nvidia is not install i can use the 800x600 resolution. when it is. it splits into 3. and i cant change the resolution on crysis. it only stays at 1280X720. nothing else shows. assasians creed is the same way. thats on the rgb component wires. while on the dvi wire it just says video_mode.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

There's no such resolution at 780i, can you clarify which video mode you're using, and that it's compatible with your TV?

4. drako17

drako17 Regular member

My bad couldnt remember what it was. i cant set it to widescreen. My tv is widescreen but it wont take it. it splits into three. i dont know how to be more specific.