1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdtv with no hdmi or cvi

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by jake15425, Mar 11, 2007.

1. jake15425

jake15425 Member

ok...i got a magnavox 30" widescreen hdtv ready monitor, it has no hdmi or cvi imputs. it only has component, and s-vid inputs. is there any way to upscale other than 480p useing the component inputs? i have a rca upscaleing dvd player and it will only upscale to 480p, or is anything higher than that i need a tv with hdmi or cvi input? but with the ps2 game gt4 it can upsccale to 1080i thru the component input and the tv recognizes it???? im kinda lost on this...in advance thanx for any help or advice....

2. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

It has to do with what the governing bodies decided... you can get hd from component inputs but only for tv/gaming etc, but not for movies. It won't upscale or play high def disc formats through them in anything higher than 480p... it's retarded :p If the tv has VGA you can upscale with an xbox 360... but I don't know of any other way other than dvi/hdmi. It might work with a vga to component converter, but I haven't really searched to see if that works.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007