1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV with Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deb5877, Nov 22, 2003.

1. deb5877

deb5877 Member

Does anyone out there know if you have an HDTV, if certain games will not play or copy because of it? I have a mystery! My premodded xbox will not play or copy True Crimes, or Tony Hawk's underground. I have the updated Bios and when I insert the game just to play, I get squigley colored lines with a bit of sound and then my tv screen goes blue, but the xbox is still on but screen acting as if it is shut down. I don't have any problems with any other games but these 2. What's even more odd is I bought a premodded xbox for my neice, which she is not connected to an hdtv and those 2 games do the same thing. Cannot be played. What's wrong here?

2. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

get craxtion and use it to patch the .xbe files for the game

3. deb5877

deb5877 Member

I am very unfamiliar with a lot of stuff. I am a female trying like hell to correct this problem. Just today, I finally connected my xbox to pc and was talked thru upgrading my bios, which was a lot for me to comprehend. Therefore, when you say use Craxtion, I am definately not sure what that means or how do even do it. If you could help me with this, I would be forever in your debt.

4. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

its a program that lets you patch .xbe files within the game. newer games will not work on a modded ebox without patched xbe files.

go to www.craxtion.com and get all of the downloadable files

5. deb5877

deb5877 Member

WEll what I just did now was unhook my xbox from our hdtv, went into the bedroom where we just have a standard tv, hooked it up and the game is playable on that tv but not on my hdtv, so maybe I don't need to do this because I know it works on my regular tv. Now I don't know what to do to get it to play or copy on my hdtv. I am copying the game now on the regular tv without any problems. Not sure if it will play once it is copied, but I know if will play if you just insert it. Any more suggestions about the hdtv?

6. gl2gz

gl2gz Guest

Hi, i've never been here before, but was looking thru and saw you have the exact problem i had last week when i bought my HDTV....and you are right, it does have to do with the HDTV....easy to fix though...all you have to is load up the xbox with no game in it, and go to the options menu, and then select the video options....you need to adjust the one control for whichever type of hdtv you have...it will say something like :

"can your hdtv play -

480i? yes no

720p yes no

1080i yes no

i knew i had a 1080i tv, and was struggling to get it to play true crime when other games worked fine...i had to adjust the settings a couple times....for me i put yes to 480 and 1080, and no to 720p...and presto, true crime played....hope that helps...but i'm sure thats the problem...i had the squiggly lines too, exactly the same thing.

7. deb5877

deb5877 Member

Oh my God! It worked! Thank you ever so much. I have been spending days on this issue, researching and getting nowhere. Now it works fine. Thank you again.......