1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headphone problems

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DDRgod922, Jan 26, 2008.

1. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

today the right side of my head phones just stopped working for no apparent reason. this morning they were working fine but when i got home from work i tried using them and only the left side works, can i do anything to fix this? i really like the headphones i have now (noise canceling) and i dont wanna go out and buy a new 1.

2. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Are you sure it's a headphone problem? Try plugging in a another pair for a few days and see if it works.

If you've confirmed that it's your headphones, it's probably a wiring problem. When one side doesn't work, try pushing in the wire into the connector, then into the headphones themselves. If this fixes it, you have a loose cable, and you'd have to open them up and solder it if you can. Hope this helps.

3. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

its def the headphones thats the problem, the other day me and my dad went into the side that wasnt working and it wasnt getting any voltage at all. so then we check up and down the wire like 10 times while it was plugged into my mp3 player to try to listen for any connectivity but we never found anything. im just gonna get a new pair headphones -_-

4. Lee_asdf

Lee_asdf Member

you could cut the wires near the headphones and replace the wire with that of a pair of crapphones. It will look ugly, but it will sound good.

5. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

i just went out to walmart and got 10 dollar headphones until i get extra $$$ to spend on a decent pair lol

6. tripplite

tripplite Guest

the are really get cheap on these things know a days, its not even worth the time trying to fix them,
    i wouldn't buy a pair under 10 and over 25, sony makes good ones though, you gotta look for rubber connector holding the pin to the wire, if its sturdy then the head phones will last longer;)

7. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

usually the 1s i buy are 30+ plus bucks cuz they are the big noise canceling ones (i know they look stupid but idc they feel and sound amazing lol)

8. Lee_asdf

Lee_asdf Member

When you say noise canceling, do you mean Active Noise canceling or ones that just have padding that block out sound?