1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Strix_V, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Strix_V

Strix_V Member

I'm looking into getting a pair of decent quality headphones, and I've seen a couple of models from different brands. I'd like to get a comfortable pair with cups that fit right over the ear, but I'd also like to be able to use them on a portable cd player so I don't know if there's a power issue there. The main thing that I'm concerned about that I've heard is sound leakage both from noise outside going in and from inside the phones to the outside. I don't know how big of a problem this would be as I usually have music in a public place. And the only company I know that offers noise-cancellation is Bose, which are really pricey. I don't really want to spend over $150. (120 american)
    Anyone have any recommendations?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I personally would recommend the Sony MDR-7506. They have been the standard in the audio industry, as well as tv/film industry for many years. I use them for DJing (when I used to dj), monitoring, mixing, recording, just about anything. They used to be really expensive, but I think you can get them for around $80-$100 dollars now. Do a google search, and when you find a picture I'm sure you'll recognize them, as they are very popular headphones.