1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat Spreders

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by socom1000, Aug 12, 2007.

1. socom1000

socom1000 Guest

Are heat sreders on ram a good thing or bad thing?

2. AXT

AXT Guest

A good thing. Especially for high performance ram.

3. onya

onya Guest

RAM heat spreaders for the average user are IMO a waste of money. Period. For those that have high end machines and components then YES they are a step forward to beat the heat issue. To put it in perspective, they are a good thing. Heat dissipation is a crucial element to the health and longevity to all PC's. If you have a high end machine and perhaps do alot of gaming, then get 'em.

Have you noticed that some RAM sticks are coupled with such devices as standard? and some have heat indicators also.

If you look at my machine specs (see below sig) that it's fast becoming a virtual "dog box" compared to todays technology. It was only "just" alright when I got it made. RAM heat was never a problem... LOL

Was my long answer to a short question any help? :)

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

They're a good thing, even for standard users. Since they're so cheap, why not use them?
    One person I know has even had to put a fan over his RAM because it overheats. Then again, that's with four sticks, so hardly surprising.