1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HEEEEELP !!! please DVD Burner??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by EbaySox, Jan 13, 2003.

1. EbaySox

EbaySox Guest

Hi-
    I`m new to all of this and I have a small dilema.
    I work long,long hours and when I come home I find that my child has ruined quite a few of my DVDs. I want to by a DVD burner so that I can make back up copies to use, so I can put the originals away for him when he gets older.
    My question is this: Which type of burner should I purchase?? I`m not concerned with make or model so much as I am about which "type" DVD-R vs. DVD+R any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Thank you,
    EbaySox
    www.Analee.com[/small]

2. riksworld

riksworld Regular member

i own the ricoh +R/+RW been fine, played on everything, i do know that you can burners that burns both formats such as -r and +r

Rik.

3. CyberMan

CyberMan Member

Your best bet is to buy the new Sony burner it burns everything from any DVD format and even,CD-R,CD-RW it a combo on top of a combo its a jack of all trades so they say I am getting one very soon myself. Hope this helps you.

4. salieri

salieri Member

I have a Pioneer A05/105 that handles DVD-R/RW just fine. As for software, I highly recommend DVDXCopy.

5. EbaySox

EbaySox Guest

Thanks to all for the info !!!
    I just bought a CenDyne 4X DVD-R -R/W

This amy be old news, but it registers as a Pioneer DVR-105

Thanks again

6. jmorris

jmorris Guest

Yes,
    The cendyne is a Pioneer 105 which is the OEM version of the retail Pioneer A05. This is Pioneers fifth generation DVD -R burner and an excellent product!

I have an unopened unit in my office that I purchased because I could not find a Sony DRX-500 UL. (The external version of Sony's DVD -R/+R unit.) The Sony is also made by Pioneer!!

Sony has the market on this drive having an exclusive sales contract to sell this drive under the Sony name.

7. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

you could have put your dvds away before going to work, instead of leaving them for the kids to play with, :)