1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. I want a permission to translate Guides....

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ProKiller, Apr 19, 2004.

1. ProKiller

ProKiller Member

My name is Yair M.

I am from Israel, and i am a friend of Sefi Levy,

I read some of your guides and i was very impressed.

Sefi was the one who send me to your web site, so when I told him that i am interested in translating some of your guides he told me to write an e-mail to you.

I have already translated one of Sefi's guides and I'm planning on translating he's full one.

My question is: can i translate 2 or 3 of you guides to Hebrew?

I have put an eye on two "AVI2DVD" and the one that teaches you how to create a nice menu for your DVD....

i also sent an e-mail to an address that Sefi gave me but they didnt answer me....

Thank you very much for you time

I hope your answer will be positive.

Yair M.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I replied to you in email. Its OK to translate the guides, as long as people link back to us and indicate who wrote the original and link to the original as well (and let us know about the translated guide).

3. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

I am impressed permission was requested at all - I have seen so many translations or uses of content that only having webstats turned on has made discovering possible.

And knowing where they are is one thing but when the language uses characters or squigles - working out exactly how things are being used or what is being said is well... interesting... (french or itlain is ok but arabic and Korean - no chance)

Well done for doing the right thing ProKiller.