1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, my HP a6500f pc; 500gb;4096 ram.vista 64 bit freezes and becomes unresponsive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tranceone, Jul 22, 2011.

1. tranceone

tranceone Member

Hello everyone, I have read many posts on my subject but am still searching for a solution. My pc freezes (mouse and keyboard) to a point where it will stay in that state until I force it off( holding down power button) It does this in safe mode as well. I ran Hp diagnostics today and everything passed except memory and produced error code BIOME-1 (contact Hp support). Anyone have any answers/solutions ,Thank You in advance here at afterdawn

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you talk to hp support?

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Try and re-seat the ram or take them all out and put them back in one at a time and see if one of them is bad.Either that or your motherboard could be going bad.

4. tranceone

tranceone Member

yes they offered their services for 300.00, i was hoping there was a cheaper solution. ty

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try JST1946's suggestion on the ram. how long does it take from powerup til pc freezes? try going into the bios to see if still does same thing. try resetting the bios to default settings. was this pc overclocked?

6. tranceone

tranceone Member

Just replaced a bad (existing) stick of ram after testing both sticks. I narrowed it down and also confirmed that my pc board appears to be fine as well. I purchased a new stick of ram today and installed it and retested with no error codes and NO freezing:). Thank you all very much! I will continue to montior my pc but thanks again very much!

7. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Glad to hear you found the problem and got it up and running again.Good luck.

8. tranceone

tranceone Member

Thank you