1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello showing on liteon recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by judytwo, Jan 11, 2008.

1. judytwo

judytwo Member

My liteon recorder will not go past the word "hello"
    I need to get into set up menu?
    Please, please, someone help me....
    I have had it for 4 years and never used it.
    I unplugged it for a day, turned it off, and on repeatedly.
    Nothing works....

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

For Info What Model is it

In these units with or without a HDD, Hello will stay on forever if the DVD drive is not recognized. With HDD and the DVD drive is recognized but not the HDD, the Hello will stay on for about a min. than the unit will work ok on the DVD

You say its 4 years old and never been used. I don’t know to what elements it was exposed to.
    I would open the unit and check all the cables. The DVD drive, after that length of time, could be locked up and giving problems. If so the only sure way is to Open the drive and go through it. The original drive did have problems and most of us have replaced the drives wit PC units

Edit
    You will not be able to get to setup as long as the Hello is displayed

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. farn

farn Member

what you have to do is have a firmware disc, then push the buttons on the front of the unit in no particular order pushing some or most @ the same tim, at some point you will get a message that says insert disc, put the firmware dic in and it will have you do a restore, after that your machine should work again.

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Firmware IS NOT the PROBLEM
    Pushing Buttons till you might hit the right cobination is not the answer. There Is a RIght combination In unit and rmote
    BUT that is Not the Problem

5. judytwo

judytwo Member

lcshg
    It has been in an armoire in a heated room with the rest of my audio video equipment.
    It does flash up d5 in
    ai in
    a3 in
    etc. Why would the dvd drive not be recognized?

it is the 5005 unit.What cables are you referring to?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

6. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

I do not understand the flash up you gave

You said the 5005 was locked up on Hello. My first post explaind this issue
    If you remove the case top, you will see the DVD drive right behind the tray door. If the unit is original this should be a DDW 813s but it might be DDW454s. To the very rear of it there are two cables. one for power with 4 connectors. a ribbon cable with a 41 pin connector pluged in the drive rear and that the main-board, The red stripe or marker should face the power connector. On the main-board it should be towards threar of the unit.

I would remove these cables and make sure they are ok and the connections are tight.

If it still hangs on HELLO. You could try another Liteon dreve. even a newer one that hangs on FF it will be recognized

As said the original drives did have problems including the Hello
    and most have replaced them

You will not be able to do anything until the Hello isue is solved

Again Do NOT Screw with the Firmware At this point

The proper sequence Of button press to open the tray and insert a CD.

Turn the unit off [not unpuug it]
    Hold the Stop Button on the recorder [not the remote]
    While holding it press and release the power button on the Remote
    The unit should start
    The Tray will open and the unit Should leave Hello an the display say [Put CD In/

7. farn

farn Member

sorry, have a 5007 had same problem, thats how i resolved it and have not any problems since.

8. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

No problem and I meant no Offence even though my post was not worded well

But if the 5007 hung on Hello as indicated, It would mean the DVD drive was not recognized. [And not operating]. In such a case the unit would not operate on any function until the Hello problem was corrected.
    I have had a number of Liteon/ilo units that have operated as described and sometimes it would be poor connections but most often the drive itself had failed
    I would feel that there was some other issue involved with the 5007 if a problem were solved as said.
    While I have not worked with a 5007. The operation etc. should be the same as a 5005 and I think the button sequence would be the same as it is in all the Liteon units I’ve worked on. With a hung HELLO display and that sequence of button press was used the display should change to [error].

A number of things can be done that might correct [temporally] a drive problem. BUT
    I and others have found that for some reason the Original drives were not very reliable and replaced
    These sites cover this issue and many others.l Remember while the sites may refer to the ilo. The ilo and liteon are really the same but different features

Do not change the firmware in a 5005 unless you KNOW is firmware series and you will not be able to tell until the HELLO problem is fixed
    In setup at the very top ther will be a SN the first and second group of 4 will be the firmware series, the third group of 4 will be the firmware versi on

http://www.techolio.com/

http://www.normediasolutions.com/portfolio/

http://www.ncc2315.com/ilo/

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008