1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help a newbie please on Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dorisnrod, Mar 16, 2004.

1. dorisnrod

dorisnrod Member

I just bought the Nero.6 software and I can not make acopy of a dvd movie it is saying copy right protected can anyone tell me how to change this so i can copyon a dvd-r cd or a regular cd. don't mean to be stupid here but i need some help big time and can't get none from ahead nor would they give my money back. i just got this to copy some of my dvd's for my little grandson.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to AfterDawn

In order to copy a store bought DVD you need to remove the encryption which is supposed to prevent copying. Nero doesn't do this so it's not Nero's fault.

You will need a program called DVD Shrink that will remove the encryption, compress the movie to fit a blank disc and then it will work with Nero to burn your movie.

It seems that you are very new to this and as such, it is way too much for my poor fingers to type. Here are a couple of links that I suggest you read, then please come back if you have more specific questions - we are always happy to help :)

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

and this one,

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

3. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

hi guys, i agree with nephilim that what you need is DVD Shrink as this will sort out most of your hassles.

i have however had 3 films that also came up with a copy protection error using shrink. In this case i have used DVD Decrypter to firstly rip the film to hd, then open with shrink to re-author, then burn with nero......dont worry about the cost dorisnrod as you have already bought the costly part......shrink and decrypter are free to download.

but please dont take what i say as hard fast rules as you can see i'm a newbie to this world too and like yourself i'm learning with every passing day.

good luck and welcome to the club.
    viper

4. dorisnrod

dorisnrod Member

Thank You for the information next step is to get the other as ya explained