1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a noob

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by 404, Dec 19, 2002.

1. 404

404 Member

I'm new to the burning scene. I've burned music CD's, but now I want to move a step up: games and software CD's. I've heard about ISO's and that you can burn them on a disk to make them identical to a purchased copy.

I need to know a few things.

1. What is the best software for burning/copying CD's, especially with ISO's.

2. What is the procedure to putting an ISO on a disk (or is it simple and I just burn it on there)?

3. How to I take a current CD I have, extract an ISO out of it, and burn it on a CD (and make it work identical to a version you can buy at a store)?

4. The new burner I am getting has a speed of something like 40x20x48 (something like that). What is a good speed to burn at?

Thanks in advance, I'm new at ISO's and need a little help

Last edited: Dec 19, 2002
  2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. ICP_RIP

ICP_RIP Member

Listen to your admin's!! Go to the threads he posted and read, read, read!! Almost all your burning questions can be found there, especially entry level stuff like your askin.

Yes you can burn an ISO image (with proper software) and yes you can extract an ISO/Bin+cue from a disc (again with proper sotware)
    But if you already own the disc, why would ya need to.....right?
    <hehe>