1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! a0squarde hijackfree says I have major problems!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by sustained, May 16, 2007.

1. sustained

sustained Member

I have just placed a squared hijackfree on my comp and ran it and it found what it says are viruses and alot of other stuff. Is it true ? Has anyone else used this. I have had svchost problems-which are shown in the results, but does anyone have any ideas or know if it only finds false posetives?

2. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

a2 is a reputable program. I suppose it may have false positives, but most of the stuff is probably ok.

You could do some online virus scans first and fix the things they find and then go back to a2, that would reduce the amount of things you have to research.

Panda's active scan is a good one:
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm

Trend Micro housecall is also good:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

3. sustained

sustained Member

I have now tried panda but it is unable to show if any problems were found due to the window its shown in is too small and doesnt show the whole screen. What do I do?

4. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

When the "Scan Report" screen flashes up:

It's like changing the column widths in Excel.
    Place the cursor on the dividing line between the column headings. When you see the horizontal double headed arrow over the vertical bar, hold down the right mouse button and drag the cursor to the right. This will widen the column and you can then use the slider aat the bottom to scroll to the right to read things.

You can also click the green save report button under the scan report box and save a copy of the report and then find and view it with a word processor.