1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - ATX Power Question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by thurman1, Dec 24, 2004.

1. thurman1

thurman1 Member

I just started building my first pc and ran into a little issue. I have an Asus P5GD2 Deluxe mobo with an Antec TruePower 430W PSU. The power connectors on the mobo are a 24 pin connector labelled EATXPWR1 and a 4 pin connector labelled ATX12V1. The PSU has the 4 pin connector but the main power connector is a 20 pin connector. There is also a 6 pin AUX power connector on the PSU (the instructions say you can use the PSU even if your mobo doesn't support the 6 pin or 4 pin connector). My mobo does support the 4 pin...but what do I do about the 20 pin main power connector? It fits into the 24 pin socket on the mobo (leaving 4 empty sockets (2x2)on the end). Any ideas? Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that motherboard is out of a compaq??? i have a customer whose compaq desktop motherboard crapped out because of a power failure, it used a 24 pin connector which i found out when putting a regular motherboard in her case. ended up selling her a used atx tower with my board & her stuff in it. don't hook up the psu to board as you might fry both

3. thurman1

thurman1 Member

No - nothing came from a compaq. each component is brand new from newegg.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

than you are probably going to have to order a new power supply because that is either a non standard board in reference to power connector or something is missing. check motherboard manual about connector