1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! before I go through another 50 pack

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bizzle93, Sep 10, 2004.

1. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

Built my new computer and I'm ready to burn DVD's. The problem is there not working the way I want, they stop for a sec then jump a little ahead, I'm using ritek DVD-R's and a lite-on SOHW-812S I've tried burning at differnt speeds, I got the newest firmware I've used differnt programs, shrink with nero, clone DVD 2, DVD-cloner 2. I'm trying to back-up robocop, when I go to burn it its compressed 58% could that be the reason? tomuch compression?

2. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

What stops for a sec? The movie when its playing?

or the burning process?

Does it do it on your DVD player
    and your computer?

I would say after 1 coster figure it out. No need to use all 50

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

58% is quite a bit of compression. To compress that much, your program is probably dropping frames.

4. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

sorry let me clear that up, it stops for a sec when its in the dvd player, it burns fine.

5. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Did you try taking out all the extras and just riping
    the main movie with DVD Shrink re-auther.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

This may just be a compatability problem with the DVD player. I have tried my DVDs on a few friends players and a couple of them don't play my discs very well. I'm also using Ritek G-04 -R media. Switching to a +R media may help.

Try not compressing so much. That has the effect of cutting down the amount of information the player has to work with. I have noticed that movies with less compression seem to play better and of course the picture quality is improved. Try removing all the extra stuff and see if that helps.

One more thing. If the pause occurs about halfway through the movie then you may just be seeing the layer break. This happens with DVD-9s when the laser has to jump from the first layer to the second. This layer break can be removed from the copy with Shrink by just checking the "remove layer break" box.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  7. Sinjin

Sinjin Member

Perhaps unrelated, but I found that my Lite-on burner doesn't play well with the Ritek G04's at all...

8. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a layer break, I have tried not compressing so much and I think its working better but not 100% sure.

Also I was wondering if I un-checked the run backup in low priority mode would help any??

and would it help if I turned off the burn at lest 30mm (DVD+R/RW high compatibiliy mode option off? seeing how I am using DVD-R's

and under burn setting I was wondering what the book type DVD-ROM option did?