1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! Blu-ray NOOB questions.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Shane68, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Shane68

Shane68 Member

Total blu-ray n00b here.

I just installed a Plextor PX-B940SA burner into my system, and I think I might have a problem here, but I'm not sure. Using either the bundled Cyberlink BD suite that came with the drive or DVDfab8, it takes over 11 hours to rip one standard blu-ray disk.

I have an older system, but it's still over the required specs:

Q6600 2.4 processor
    EVGA Nforce 680i SLI mobo
    4 gig RAM
    PLENTY of free disk space
    All fresh firmware & BIOS levels

I realize it's decrypting & ripping 43 gigs worth of material, but 11 hours seems like it should be a tad on the long side. Am I doing something wrong or is my system just not compatible? If so, what do I need to upgrade? Mobo & Proc?

Also, I haven't purchased the full-versions of AnyDVD or DVDfab8, and am still on the trial period, so I don't know if that's part of the problem or not, but I notice that it doesn't appear in either of those programs that I can compress a dual-layer disk onto single-layer media, can anyone recommend a good program for this?

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

There is no problem with your hardware thats a completely normal Processing time.