1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Burning a DVD with VIDEO_TS files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by varder, Apr 2, 2007.

1. varder

varder Member

Hello! Yesterday I spent a lot of time compiling my videos from my video camera, (more than 10 gigs) All of the "DVD Movies" are in the VIDEO_TS Folder. When I tried to burn them with Nero using "Make Data DVD" and selected: "DVD-Video Files". When I copied one of the movies on there something like this came up:

One or more files could not be added to a compilation.

The following files may not reside in the VIDEO_TS directory of a DVD-Video compilation. Only compliant DVD-Video files
    VIDEO_TS.IFO,
    VIDEO_TS.VOB,
    VIDEO_TS.BUP,
    VTS_nn_0.IFO,
    VTS_nn_0.VOB,
    VTS_nn_0.BUP and
    VTS_nn_m.VOB
    can be added to the VIDEO_TS folder. Please add files from a completed DVD-Video title or use an authoring software like Nero Vision to create DVD-Video files from standard video files such as *.avi and *.mpg.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\DVD\1\6 (1).VOB

And I can't copy my videos. Please HELP!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

You are using the wrong Nero program..... you want to do a DVD movie not a Data DVD...... use Nero Recode! and all the file will be added! try it! you'll seee.

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You can only have 1 IFO (info) and 1 BUP (backup of IFO) file on a DVD. To combine more than 1 video, use Nerovision Express, DVD Shrink Reauthor mode, Remake a DVD mode in Nero Recode, or another DVD authoring program. If you want a menu that allows you to select a particular video from the compilation, you'll need an authoring program like Nerovision, TMPGEnc DVD Author, etc.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

@IHOE

Yep, which is why I also mentioned the Remake mode of Recode above. Good job on providing the link to the guide for the member. I was just passing by and just wanted to note why what the member was doing couldn't work, i.e., multiple IFO and BUP files. Cheers.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

cheers to you too, Laddyboy! :-D

7. varder

varder Member

I was stupid and deleted the backup and info files. That means that there is no way to fix it right?

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member